Sausage & Cannellini Bean Soup Recipe
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch escarole or spinach, chopped
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook the sausage and onion in a large saucepan over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the beans, broth, water, wine and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add escarole; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/3 cups with 1 teaspoon cheese: 232 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 9g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Sausage & Cannellini Bean Soup
"Good quick soup to throw together. I used spinach instead of escarole."
"Used hot sausage for added zing."
"My other half is a soup aficionado and he LOVE this and it does freeze well. Easy to make and the addition of spinach adds a layer of nutrients and we just happen to love spinach."
"5 star rating. Excellent dish."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.