Sausage & Cannellini Bean Soup Recipe
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch escarole or spinach, chopped
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the sausage and onion in a large saucepan over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the beans, broth, water, wine and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add escarole; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sausage & Cannellini Bean Soup(4)
Sort By :
Good quick soup to throw together. I used spinach instead of escarole.
Used hot sausage for added zing.
My other half is a soup aficionado and he LOVE this and it does freeze well. Easy to make and the addition of spinach adds a layer of nutrients and we just happen to love spinach.
5 star rating. Excellent dish.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Sausage Soup >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >