Here's my reproduction of a dish from a famous Chicago eatery. We think it rivals the original. I usually cook this at least once a week. It's a tasty way to keep my lunchbox full of healthy options. —Marilyn McGinnis, Peoria, Arizona
Featured In: 28 Favorite Lunch Box Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch escarole or spinach, chopped
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the sausage and onion in a large saucepan over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the beans, broth, water, wine and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add escarole; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage & Cannellini Bean Soup in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p33
Reviews forSausage & Cannellini Bean Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2013
"Used hot sausage for added zing."
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2013
"5 star rating. Excellent dish."