Here’s my reproduction of a dish from a famous Chicago eatery. We think it rivals the original. I usually cook this at least once a week. It’s a tasty way to keep my lunchbox full of healthy options. —Marilyn McGinnis, Peoria, AZ
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch escarole or spinach, chopped
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the sausage and onion in a large saucepan over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the beans, broth, water, wine and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add escarole; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage & Cannellini Bean Soup in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sausage & Cannellini Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review