Sausage & Beans with Rice Recipe
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Minute® Brown Rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until onion is crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage & Beans with Rice
Sort By :
"This was a little too sweet for my liking, but I would make it again with some minor adjustments. It also needs a little seasoning as well. Good starter for an excellent meal."
"Hubby loves any thing with brown sugar. This is a keeper."
"I like sweet, so I liked this recipe. The reason I won't be making it again is that my husband found it to be too sweet for his taste. I did change one thing (which doesn't affect the flavor). I cooked some rice in vegetable broth (instead of using instant rice), then stirred it in and baked it all covered for 15 minutes. I did not uncover and leave in the oven longer because the rice was already cooked."
"I used a whole can of broth and doubled the rice; which made the rice a little tough. I must need to add more liquid. We've made it twice though and plan to make this a weekly dish. Delicious!"
"My kids love this"