Sauerkraut Sausage Soup Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Sauerkraut Sausage Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious! One of our favorite soups! I serve it topped with grated Swiss Cheese and rye croutons."
"If you like sauerkraut, you will like this soup! Very tasty and one of our favorites. I try to reduce the sodium by purchasing the lower sodium mushroom soup and chicken broth. Rinsing the sauerkraut also reduces sodium. The only change I make is to omit the dill."
"This is a favorite in our household. It's easy and tasty. My only concern is the high sodium content, which I think might improve if I used sodium-reduced broth and mushroom soup. The low carb content would make this a diabetic-friendly recipe. I think I'll also try to find a lower fat/lower sodium sausage next time."
"Sorry, this one isn't that good. Won't make it again. The flavors just don't go well together."
"I used smoked turkey sausage. It turned out very good."