Sauerkraut Sausage Soup Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Sauerkraut Sausage Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious! I made this for a family dinner with pierogies and homemade rolls. I left out the mushrooms and substituted cream of celery for the cream of mushroom. Definitely a keeper!"
"Delicious! One of our favorite soups! I serve it topped with grated Swiss Cheese and rye croutons."
"If you like sauerkraut, you will like this soup! Very tasty and one of our favorites. I try to reduce the sodium by purchasing the lower sodium mushroom soup and chicken broth. Rinsing the sauerkraut also reduces sodium. The only change I make is to omit the dill."
"This is a favorite in our household. It's easy and tasty. My only concern is the high sodium content, which I think might improve if I used sodium-reduced broth and mushroom soup. The low carb content would make this a diabetic-friendly recipe. I think I'll also try to find a lower fat/lower sodium sausage next time."
"Sorry, this one isn't that good. Won't make it again. The flavors just don't go well together."