I got this tangy recipe from my sister-in-law in Michigan. It always gets raves at potlucks. It's easy to prepare and can be made a day or two before the get-together.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, mix sauerkraut, carrots, celery, green pepper, onion
- and pimientos. In a jar or small bowl, combine sugar and oil. Pour
- over vegetables and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 152 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.