Sauerkraut Rye Bread Recipe
"Caraway and sauerkraut add deliciously subtle flavor to this hearty bread," informs Mary Kelly of Hopland, California. "The loaf bakes up into a lovely brown rye color."
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sauerkraut, well drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1. In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select the basic bread setting. Choose light crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 103 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Sauerkraut Rye Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC