Sauerkraut Pork Supper Recipe
This recipe couldn't be easier—layer pork roast, vegetables and seasonings in a roasting pan, put it in the oven and forget it.
- 2 cans (one 27 ounces, one 14 ounces), sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut in half widthwise and quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place half of the sauerkraut in a large roasting pan. Place pork roast over sauerkraut; top with remaining sauerkraut. Spoon tomatoes over top. Arrange the celery, carrots and onion around roast. Sprinkle brown sugar over tomatoes and sauerkraut. Add the parsley, bay leaves, oregano and pepper.
- 2. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Discard bay leaves. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Sauerkraut Pork Supper
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC