Sauerkraut Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, well drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Press pizza dough onto a lightly greased 14-in. round pizza pan. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, 1 teaspoon fennel seed, oregano, basil and garlic until the sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- 3. Sprinkle crust with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Spread with pizza sauce, sausage mixture, tomatoes, sauerkraut and remaining fennel seed and mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 472 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,727 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Sauerkraut Pizza
"Very good. I didn't use the canned tomatoes, just the sauce. Also, I used ground turkey instead of pork. It was still very good."
"My family LOVES this pizza. Also try with Canadian bacon instead of sausage. Delish!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.