This dish was brought to our school picnic by a neighbor. She took home an empty panand we all took home the recipe.Lucy Mohlman, Crete, Nebraska
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (32 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups (4 to 6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salt and pepper. Spoon
- half of beef mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with
- half of sauerkraut and noodles. Repeat layers. Combine soups and
- milk; pour over noodles.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese;
- bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 367 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 2,107 mg sodium,