Sauerkraut Hotdish Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (32 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups (4 to 6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salt and pepper. Spoon half of beef mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of sauerkraut and noodles. Repeat layers. Combine soups and milk; pour over noodles.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 367 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 2107mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Sauerkraut Hotdish
"I liked the taste of this, but there just wasn't a whole lot to it. I did cut this recipe in half, and used an 8 inch square dish, and it barely filled it half full."