Sauerkraut Hot Dog Topping Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan; cook on low heat until heated through. Serve over hot dogs. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 17 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Sauerkraut Hot Dog Topping
"Delicious! Great way to use up the sauerkraut leftover from post St. Pat's Day reuben sandwiches."
"Thanks for sharing this delicious topping. It's a great change from the Coney Dogs I usually make. I'll definitely make this again."
"This recipe was delicious and perfect on brawts and hot dogs!"
"It is very good as a hot dog topping, but I loved it by itself."
"Really easy and was delicious on grilled Salens hotdogs. I did not add caraway seeds bc I don't care for the, and was still really good. Would definintely make again."
"A really unique way to combine some favorite condiments. Makes a very tasty topping for hot dogs."