Sauerkraut Hot Dog Topping Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan; cook on low heat until heated through. Serve over hot dogs. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 17 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Sauerkraut Hot Dog Topping
"Delicious! Great way to use up the sauerkraut leftover from post St. Pat's Day reuben sandwiches."
"Thanks for sharing this delicious topping. It's a great change from the Coney Dogs I usually make. I'll definitely make this again."
"This recipe was delicious and perfect on brawts and hot dogs!"
"It is very good as a hot dog topping, but I loved it by itself."
"Really easy and was delicious on grilled Salens hotdogs. I did not add caraway seeds bc I don't care for the, and was still really good. Would definintely make again."
"A really unique way to combine some favorite condiments. Makes a very tasty topping for hot dogs."