You'll relish this zesty condiment Erlene Cornelius sends! "For years, I stirred this up 'by guess and by golly' before finally figuring out the proper measure of ingredients so I could share the recipe," admits this Spring City, Tennessee cook. "It's great to have on hand anytime that you grill hot dogs or smoked sausages."
- 1 can (15 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan; cook on low heat until heated through. Serve over hot dogs. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Sauerkraut Hot Dog Topping in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p45
Reviews for Sauerkraut Hot Dog Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review