- 1 can (15 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan; cook on low heat until heated through. Serve over hot dogs. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Sauerkraut Hot Dog Topping
"Absolutely DELISH!!! Sweet, Tangy...Great Topping for hotdogs, smoked sausages and brats!! Yummy Yummy Yummy... especially if you love a sweet tangy tart flavor!! The mustard really brings it all together. Stays fresh in the fridge for weeks...at least two. ?? Try it and Enjoy!! You can also half the recipe...it makes a lot."
"Delicious! Great way to use up the sauerkraut leftover from post St. Pat's Day reuben sandwiches."
"Thanks for sharing this delicious topping. It's a great change from the Coney Dogs I usually make. I'll definitely make this again."
"This recipe was delicious and perfect on brawts and hot dogs!"
"It is very good as a hot dog topping, but I loved it by itself."
"Really easy and was delicious on grilled Salens hotdogs. I did not add caraway seeds bc I don't care for the, and was still really good. Would definintely make again."
"A really unique way to combine some favorite condiments. Makes a very tasty topping for hot dogs."