Sauerkraut Hot Dish Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds pork stew meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork. Add onion and celery; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in sauerkraut, noodles, soup and mushrooms; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, covered, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender, about 1-1/2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 355 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Sauerkraut Hot Dish
"This is so yummy! We only baked it for 1 hour (stirring after 30 minutes) and it was perfect.~ Theresa"
"Substitute wild and white (or brown rice) rice for the noodles. Yum!"