Sauerkraut Hot Dish Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds pork stew meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the onion and celery; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the sauerkraut, noodles, soup and mushrooms; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 356 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Sauerkraut Hot Dish
"This is so yummy! We only baked it for 1 hour (stirring after 30 minutes) and it was perfect.~ Theresa"
"Substitute wild and white (or brown rice) rice for the noodles. Yum!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer