Sauerkraut Hot Dish Recipe
We often serve this hearty dish at family gatherings, and the men especially seem to enjoy it. My sister gave me this recipe about 15 years ago, and it has been a favorite ever since. The blend of ingredients is a pleasant surprise.
- 1-1/2 pounds pork stew meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the onion and celery; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the sauerkraut, noodles, soup and mushrooms; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sauerkraut Hot Dish in Reminisce Extra February 1993, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sauerkraut Hot Dish(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review