Sauerkraut Hot Dish Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds pork stew meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the onion and celery; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the sauerkraut, noodles, soup and mushrooms; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sauerkraut Hot Dish
Sort By :
This is so yummy! We only baked it for 1 hour (stirring after 30 minutes) and it was perfect.
Substitute wild and white (or brown rice) rice for the noodles. Yum!