Sauerkraut Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound mild Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in the apples, sauerkraut, water, brown sugar and caraway seeds.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 188 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer