Sauerkraut Beef Supper Recipe
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped onions, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the ham, rice, 3/4 cup onions, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; crumble beef over mixture and mix gently.
- 2. In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, place half of the sauerkraut; sprinkle with half of the remaining onions. Top with meat mixture, remaining sauerkraut and onions. Sprinkle with sugar and remaining salt and pepper. Top with bacon.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 65-70 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 256 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1190mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Sauerkraut Beef Supper
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer