Sauerkraut Beef Buns
Our three boys always seemed to be hungry when they were growing up. These golden filled buns were sure to satisfy. Now our grandchildren gobble them up. - Margaret Kepke Creston, British Columbia
48 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (48 ounces) frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- Melted butter
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Add sauerkraut. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, flatten each piece of dough. Top each with a heaping
- tablespoonful of beef mixture. Fold dough over filling to meet in
- center; pinch edges to seal.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in
- warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with
- butter. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Leftover Sauerkraut Beef Buns can be frozen. Cool, then wrap individually in heavy-duty foil and place in a large resealable plastic bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, bake foil-wrapped buns at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 45 calories,