Sauerkraut Beef Buns Recipe
Our three boys always seemed to be hungry when they were growing up. These golden filled buns were sure to satisfy. Now our grandchildren gobble them up. - Margaret Kepke Creston, British Columbia
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (48 ounces) frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- Melted butter
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add sauerkraut. Cool for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, flatten each piece of dough. Top each with a heaping tablespoonful of beef mixture. Fold dough over filling to meet in center; pinch edges to seal.
- 3. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 45 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC