Our three boys always seemed to be hungry when they were growing up. These golden filled buns were sure to satisfy. Now our grandchildren gobble them up. - Margaret Kepke Creston, British Columbia
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (48 ounces) frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- Melted butter
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add sauerkraut. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, flatten each piece of dough. Top each with a heaping tablespoonful of beef mixture. Fold dough over filling to meet in center; pinch edges to seal.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Sauerkraut Beef Buns in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p76
Reviews for Sauerkraut Beef Buns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review