Sauerkraut Apple Salad Recipe
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 102 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1101mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Sauerkraut Apple Salad
"I really liked this recipe! I did scale back on the ingredients used: I used a 15-oz. can sauerkraut, 1 medium Granny Smith apple, chopped, 3/4 cup sweet and tangy pickle relish. I'd omitted basil and parsley flakes and substituted Italian seasoning-1-1/2 tsp. I'd used at least 1/3 cup vegetable oil. This was a unique salad recipe! Thank you for sharing! delowenstein"