Sauerkraut Apple Salad
Guests say this salad is crisp, delicious, different and surprising! That's because of the unusual combination of ingredients, including sauerkraut, apple, onion and dill pickles. See if you agree.
-Debbie Terenzini, Lusby, Maryland
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Drizzle with oil; toss
- to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 102 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,101 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.