- apple; squeeze dry. Stir into egg mixture. Add oil and walnuts.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and
- nutmeg; stir into egg mixture.
- Line two 8-in. round baking pans with waxed paper; grease and flour
- paper and sides of pan. Pour batter into pans. Bake at 350° for
- 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons cream in a small
- bowl. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Add orange peel, cinnamon and
- vanilla; mix well. Add remaining cream if needed. Spread between
- layers and over entire cake. Garnish with chopped walnuts if
- desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 692 calories, 34 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 670 mg sodium, 93 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.