Sauerkraut and Pork Chops Recipe
- 3 cups sauerkraut, well drained
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pork chops (1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, applesauce, broth, bacon, brown sugar and seasonings; spoon into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; drain. Place chops over the sauerkraut mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sauerkraut and Pork Chops(3)
Sort By :
This is a keeper! Yum!
This was great. My husband loved the Sauerkraut/Apple sauce combination. My only suggestion would be to check the pork at 45 minutes as mine was a bit dry after an hour. We will be making this again.
I made this today and it was really really good. I tried to add it to my recipe box and it is in there but it won't let me look at it. What's up with that?