- onion, bay leaves and reserved bacon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 2 hours. Stir in preserves and gingersnaps;
- cook 1 hour longer or until meat is tender.
- Chill roast overnight in cooking liquid. Skim off fat. Heat roast
- slowly in cooking liquid until heated through, about 1 hour.
- Remove roast and keep warm. Strain cooking liquid; return 3-1/2 cups
- to pan. Combine broth and flour; stir into cooking liquid. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat, cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened and bubbly. Slice roast; serve with gravy. Yield: 12-14
If Cooking for Two: Freeze serving-size portions of meat and gravy together in airtight containers.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.