From Rayville, Louisiana, Mrs. Johnnye Masters shares a speedy stovetop dish using cooked turkey. "The spicy sauce is so quick to stir together because it uses convenience foods such as mustard, ketchup and hot pepper sauce," she confides.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 4 sandwich buns, split, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in butter until
- tender. Stir in the ketchup, broth, Worcestershire sauce, mustard,
- hot pepper sauce and pepper. Add turkey. Simmer, uncovered, for 20
- minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups turkey mixture (calculated without bun) equals 338 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,353 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.