Saucy Turkey Recipe
From Rayville, Louisiana, Mrs. Johnnye Masters shares a speedy stovetop dish using cooked turkey. "The spicy sauce is so quick to stir together because it uses convenience foods such as mustard, ketchup and hot pepper sauce," she confides.
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 4 sandwich buns, split, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the ketchup, broth, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, hot pepper sauce and pepper. Add turkey. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups turkey mixture (calculated without bun) equals 338 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,353 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Turkey
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC