From Rayville, Louisiana, Mrs. Johnnye Masters shares a speedy stovetop dish using cooked turkey. "The spicy sauce is so quick to stir together because it uses convenience foods such as mustard, ketchup and hot pepper sauce," she confides.
Recommended: 40 Quick Dinners for Surprise Guests
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 4 sandwich buns, split, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the ketchup, broth, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, hot pepper sauce and pepper. Add turkey. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Turkey in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p37
Reviews for Saucy Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review