It's easy to turn lean ground turkey into these moist, tender meatballs. Ideal for informal gatherings of family and friends, the appetizers feature a tangy sauce that my guests find delicious.—Janell Fugitt, Cimarron, Kansas
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Turkey Meatballs in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p37
Reviews for Saucy Turkey Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review