- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Saucy Turkey Meatballs
Sort By :
"These are delicious! We like to make the meatballs ahead of time and then freeze them. They are the perfect go-to appetizer or main dish!"
"I pretty much followed the recipe but cut it in half and now I know the secret ingredient to make a moist meatball. I browned the meatballs in butter and w-sauce, then made a brown gravy with the bits in the pan and some homemade chicken stock instead of the ketchup sauce. I poured the brown gravy over the meatballs and baked at 300 until bubbly....yummy!"
"I just made these the other day for a pot luck party. Everyone raved at how good they were and wanted the recipe. Thumbs up from me too!!! Reminds me of some my Mom made me and my sister when growing up."
"I loved this. I even was able to sneak some celery in there with out anyone noticing. I also put a splash of hot-sauce in the sauce."
"My husband and I don't usually like turkey, but I made these because we are trying to eat healthier. They were delicious! Thanks for a great recipe!"