- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh carrot
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients just to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1/2 teaspoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry carrot and red pepper in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes. Add snow peas and onions; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return beef to skillet.
- Drain noodles; add to the pan. Add peanut sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Saucy Thai Beef Noodles(15)
Sort By :
I am reluctant to try this recipe because I can't have peanut butter. Can this recipe be made with almond butter instead?
Followed the recipe, except I used some sesame oil and substituted rice noodles because that's what I had. We thought the peanut flavor was just right. It was delicious! We will definitely add this to our repertoire.
only thing i changed was chinese noodles in place of spaghetti.still was absolutelly great ,hot mustard for dipping rice bread sticks,and good strong green tea.
Great recipe. My family loved it. I might cut back a smidge on the peanut butter next time, but it was great!
made this for my family as directed and it was great!! I loved it!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Thai Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >