This stir-fry has been a family favorite for some time. I like to double the recipe and add extra vegetables. —Janelle Lee, Appleton, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh carrot
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients just to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1/2 teaspoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry carrot and red pepper in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes. Add snow peas and onions; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return beef to skillet.
- Drain noodles; add to the pan. Add peanut sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Thai Beef Noodles in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p82
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Saucy Thai Beef Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review