Saucy Thai Beef Noodles Recipe
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh carrot
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients just to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- 3. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1/2 teaspoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 4. Stir-fry carrot and red pepper in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes. Add snow peas and onions; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return beef to skillet.
- 5. Drain noodles; add to the pan. Add peanut sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 536 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 795 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.