Saucy Tenderloin Skillet Steaks Recipe
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter and mustard until tender. Rub both sides of steaks with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove steaks and keep warm.
- 2. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, chives and remaining butter to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 2 minutes. Pour over steaks. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1 steak: 307 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 37g protein
Reviews for Saucy Tenderloin Skillet Steaks
"Awesome!! Juicy flavorful steaks. Yum"
"This was excellent. Had to triple the recipe for 6 steaks which I cooked a total of 5 minutes for quite rare. Everyone loved this. Easy also"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.