- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with tarragon and lemon-pepper. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 1 cup broth and sherry, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Return chicken to the pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Combine flour and remaining broth until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Drain noodles; serve with chicken and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Saucy Tarragon Chicken
Sort By :
This is excellent!
This was much better tasting than I expected! Easy and delicious.