Saucy Swiss Steak Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1. Cut steak into serving-size pieces. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of steak. In a pressure cooker, brown steak on both sides in oil; drain. Add carrots, onion, green pepper and celery.
- 2. In a bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add soup and horseradish. Pour over vegetables.
- 3. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to fully pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 12 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Swiss Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.