Saucy Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe
When I serve these saucy meatballs at our Christmas Eve celebration, I have to make four batches...and they always disappear!
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons crushed saltines
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the chili sauce, sweet-and-sour sauce, pineapple and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the egg, cracker crumbs, allspice and nutmeg. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 3. Broil meatballs 4-5 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, drain. Add green pepper and meatballs to sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: About 3 dozen.
3 each: 165 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Sweet and Sour Meatballs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC