- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons crushed saltines
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large saucepan, combine the chili sauce, sweet-and-sour sauce, pineapple and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the egg, cracker crumbs, allspice and nutmeg. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Broil meatballs 4-5 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, drain. Add green pepper and meatballs to sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: About 3 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Sour Meatballs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p32
Reviews for Saucy Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review