Tomato and chili sauces lend nice flavor to this simple stir-fry of sirloin strips and crunchy green beans. You can serve it alone, but we like it over rice or noodles. —Lacey Cook of Nedrow, New York
- 3/4 pound lean boneless beef sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced onions
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- Hot cooked rice or yolk-free noodles, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown steak in oil over medium heat. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onions in drippings until tender. Add the tomato sauce, broth, chili sauce, sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add beans and beef. Cook and stir over medium heat until meat and beans are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve over rice or noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Steak Strips in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p27
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Saucy Steak Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review