- 3/4 pound lean boneless beef sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced onions
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- Hot cooked rice or yolk-free noodles, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown steak in oil over medium heat. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onions in drippings until tender. Add the tomato sauce, broth, chili sauce, sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add beans and beef. Cook and stir over medium heat until meat and beans are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve over rice or noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now