"My husband likes spareribs, so when my mom gave me this stovetop recipe, I knew I had to try it," explains Melanie Sanders of Kaysville, Utah. "He loves the tender ribs and barbecue sauce."
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2 pounds bone-in pork spareribs
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown the ribs; drain. Add the cola and
- ketchup; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Remove ribs and keep warm. Transfer 2 cups of sauce to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold
- water; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Serve over the ribs. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 1,069 calories, 64 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 1,628 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 63 g protein.