Saucy Skillet Steaks Recipe
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, brown steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth.
- 3. Return steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes. Brush tops with mustard; turn and cook 3-6 minutes longer or until steaks reach desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Season with salt and pepper to taste; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 628 calories, 48g fat (22g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Skillet Steaks
"These were quick and easy to make, and tasted pretty good. Not quite as good as grilled, but a great way to have steak during the winter months or on a rainy day."
"Wow! What a delicious recipe! So juicy!~ Theresa"
"This recipe is a keeper for me just because it is so quick. The steaks turned out very well, not dry at all like sometimes happens when I broil them. I used spicy brown mustard since I don't have Dijon. The only thing I would change is use low sodium broth since I prefer less salt."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.