Saucy Skillet Steaks
These juicy ribeye steaks couldn't be easier. I prefer steak, but I’ve also used the seasonings on chicken breasts, fish, veal and hamburgers, so use whatever meat you have. —Karen Haen, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, brown
- steaks on both sides, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook
- and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in
- Return steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes. Brush tops with mustard; turn
- and cook 3-6 minutes longer or until steaks reach desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Season with salt and pepper to
- taste; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 628 calories, 48 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 165 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.