Saucy Skillet Steaks Recipe
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, brown steaks on both sides, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth.
- Return steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes. Brush tops with mustard; turn and cook 3-6 minutes longer or until steaks reach desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Season with salt and pepper to taste; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Saucy Skillet Steaks(3)
Sort By :
Yowza! We loved this recipe. It's wonderfully "elegant" for a weeknight. Once all of the quick prep was complete, this recipe was on the plates in minutes. We had it with a tossed salad and smashed baked tiny potatoes. Yum!
Wow! What a delicious recipe! So juicy!
This recipe is a keeper for me just because it is so quick. The steaks turned out very well, not dry at all like sometimes happens when I broil them. I used spicy brown mustard since I don't have Dijon. The only thing I would change is use low sodium broth since I prefer less salt.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >