Saucy Skillet Lasagna
Thanks to no-cook lasagna noodles, this Saucy Skillet Lasagna shared by Meghan Crihfield from Ripley, West Virginia makes a fresh, filling, flavorful and fast entree for any Italian meal.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomatoes. In a small bowl,
- combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
- Return 1 cup meat mixture to the skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1
- cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce and half of the
- noodles, breaking noodles to fit as necessary. Repeat layers. Top
- with remaining marinara sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or
- until noodles are tender and a thermometer reads 160°. Remove
- from the heat. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese if desired; let stand
- for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 430 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.