Saucy Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomatoes. In a small bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
- 2. Return 1 cup meat mixture to the skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce and half of the noodles, breaking noodles to fit as necessary. Repeat layers. Top with remaining marinara sauce.
- 3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or until noodles are tender and a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese if desired; let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 430 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.