Thanks to no-cook lasagna noodles, this skillet lasagna makes a fresh, filling, flavorful and fast entree for any Italian meal. —Meghan Crihfield, Ripley, West Virginia
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomatoes. In a small bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
- Return 1 cup meat mixture to the skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce and half of the noodles, breaking noodles to fit as necessary. Repeat layers. Top with remaining marinara sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-17 minutes or until noodles are tender. Remove from heat. If desired, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Let stand 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Skillet Lasagna in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p22
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Saucy Skillet Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review