- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomatoes. In a small bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
- Return 1 cup meat mixture to the skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce and half of the noodles, breaking noodles to fit as necessary. Repeat layers. Top with remaining marinara sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or until noodles are tender and a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese if desired; let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Saucy Skillet Lasagna
Sort By :
I have made this recipe over and over again and my family all LOVE it!!! We did not have a problem with it being soupy at all, it cooked perfectly as directed. Instead of baking sauce, I use regular jarred/canned spaghetti sauce and it cooks the same. I have added canned mushrooms and have made with turkey before, and it always turns out fantastic!
This recipe should be renamed to Lasagna Soup. After 20 minutes the no-cook noodles were still very undercooked. I continued to simmer for another 8 minutes until they were al dente enough for us to eat and when I tried to portion it out, everything ran together. I added no extra liquids and used the recommended container of sauce on the recipe. It tasted okay, but as my son put it, it looked like vomit on a plate.
I had to post a comment as soon as I got in to work this morning to let everyone know how SIMPLE and AMAZING this turned out! I am someone who counts every calorie so, after some minor adjustments, this was a wonderful almost fat free lasagna! Substituted "baking sauce" for Hunts No Sugar Added Tomato Sauce, used Crystal Farms Fat Free Ricotta Cheese, Egg Beaters, omitted the meat altogether, used reduced fat mozzarella, and added some fresh chopped basil, 1/2 of a chopped onion, and 1 chopped green pepper to the ricotta and egg mixture - it was absolutely amazing! No one would have ever guessed how healthy it turned out to be! Thank you for sharing a great and quick lasagna recipe!
Re: ITALIAN "BAKING" SAUCE
....do you mean any prepared Italian sytle pasta sauce? I'm not familiar with "baking" sauce.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >