- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomatoes. In a small bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
- Return 1 cup meat mixture to the skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce and half of the noodles, breaking noodles to fit as necessary. Repeat layers. Top with remaining marinara sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-17 minutes or until noodles are tender. Remove from heat. If desired, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Let stand 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSaucy Skillet Lasagna
"Lazy, a crock-pot may help you. No imagination to a low level tasting meal. Take the time out and make it right!"
"Yummy, easy supper!!"
"This was a complete waste of time! This was supposed to be quick & easy. Not! Having to layer the ingredients was time consuming. I followed the recipe exactly. The noodles were still not cooked after simmering (agressively) for over 40 minutes. I even decided to take a knife and cut up the lasagna noodles to speed up the cooking after they were still not soft after 30 minutes. Had the lid on it the entire time. After 45 minutes I took out a portion and had bland tasting food with chewy noodles. Tossed the whole thing in the garbage and had my husband order burritos in his way home. So very disappointed"
"Tasty!! I used ground turkey. I did simmer for an additional time checking on the noodles to see when they were tender. It is all good :)"
"This is a great recipe. I did change a couple things. I had regular lasagna noodles, so I boiled them until they were done, and then layered as directed. I also added chopped fresh spinach I had saut?ed until tender. I topped the whole thing with parmesan cheese and put it in the oven for 10 minutes, after cooking it on the stove, so the cheese would be brown. I only use 2 cups of marinara, since the noodles were already cooked. Will make this again."
"I really liked the ease and speed of this recipe. It was not as good as traditional baked lasagna, but for a fraction of the time it was well worth it. I cooked mine in an electric skillet, which fit the noodles better. It did burn a little on the bottom, but I did not have the "soupy problem" like another reviewer. I cooked mine for about 25 minutes on 300 degrees. It's hard to judge what temps high, med , low and simmer are when using the electric skillet. Any advice?"
"I have made this recipe over and over again and my family all LOVE it!!! We did not have a problem with it being soupy at all, it cooked perfectly as directed. Instead of baking sauce, I use regular jarred/canned spaghetti sauce and it cooks the same. I have added canned mushrooms and have made with turkey before, and it always turns out fantastic!"
"This recipe should be renamed to Lasagna soup. After 20 minutes the no-cook noodles were still very undercooked. I continued to simmer for another 8 minutes until they were al dente enough for us to eat and when I tried to portion it out, everything ran together. I added no extra liquids and used the recommended container of sauce on the recipe. It tasted okay, but as my son put it, it looked like vomit on a plate."
"I had to post a comment as soon as I got in to work this morning to let everyone know how SIMPLE and AMAZING this turned out! I am someone who counts every calorie so, after some minor adjustments, this was a wonderful almost fat free lasagna! Substituted "baking sauce" for Hunts No Sugar Added Tomato Sauce, used Crystal Farms Fat Free Ricotta Cheese, Egg Beaters, omitted the meat altogether, used reduced fat mozzarella, and added some fresh chopped basil, 1/2 of a chopped onion, and 1 chopped green pepper to the ricotta and egg mixture - it was absolutely amazing! No one would have ever guessed how healthy it turned out to be! Thank you for sharing a great and quick lasagna recipe!"