Saucy Skillet Fish Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds halibut, haddock or salmon fillets or steaks
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add fish and shake to coat (if using fillets, cut into serving-size pieces first).
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; remove and set aside. Add fish to the skillet, cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish to a serving plate and keep warm.
- 3. Add the sour cream, basil and onion to the skillet; heat through (do not boil). Serve with fish. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 319 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.