Saucy Skillet Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon meat tenderizer, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground turmeric, curry powder, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard and dried sage
- Pinch ground cloves
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Hot mashed potatoes, optional
- 1. Combine flour and seasonings in a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag. Dredge or shake chicken in flour mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat until browned on both sides. Pour cream over chicken; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve sauce over chicken and mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 473 calories, 33g fat (19g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 951mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein .
Reviews for Saucy Skillet Chicken
"I think the test kitchen should test this one again. YUK!!!!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.