Saucy Skillet Chicken
I created this extra-special fried chicken for a graduation banquet. Days after the party, people were calling to get the recipe...I was happy to pass it on.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon meat tenderizer, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground turmeric, curry powder, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard and dried sage
- Pinch ground cloves
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Hot mashed potatoes, optional
- Combine flour and seasonings in a shallow bowl or large resealable
- plastic bag. Dredge or shake chicken in flour mixture. In a large
- skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat until browned on
- both sides. Pour cream over chicken; cover and simmer for 30
- minutes. Serve sauce over chicken and mashed potatoes if desired.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 473 calories, 33 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 951 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.