Saucy Skillet Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon meat tenderizer, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground turmeric, curry powder, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard and dried sage
- Pinch ground cloves
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Hot mashed potatoes, optional
- 1. Combine flour and seasonings in a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag. Dredge or shake chicken in flour mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat until browned on both sides. Pour cream over chicken; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve sauce over chicken and mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 473 calories, 33g fat (19g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 951mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Saucy Skillet Chicken
"I think the test kitchen should test this one again. YUK!!!!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.