Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
For old-fashioned flavor, try these scalloped potatoes from Elaine Kane of Keizer, Oregon. They cook up tender, creamy and comforting. "Chopped ham adds a hearty touch," she relates.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup or mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover
- and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir in ham. Reduce heat to low; cook
- 6-8 hours longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 510 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 1,668 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.