For old-fashioned flavor, try these scalloped potatoes from Elaine Kane of Keizer, Oregon. They cook up tender, creamy and comforting. "Chopped ham adds a hearty touch," she relates.
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup or mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir in ham. Reduce heat to low; cook 6-8 hours longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Scalloped Potatoes in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p45
Reviews for Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review