Saucy Scalloped Pie Recipe
This uncommon recipe features a ground beef shell and cheesy potato filling. I made this dish out of desperation one day and my family loved it.—Jan Breitkreuz, Onoway, Alberta
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) cheesy scalloped potatoes
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Prepare scalloped potatoes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine chili sauce and Italian seasoning. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion, garlic and 1 cup chili sauce mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until no pink remains; drain. Add mushrooms and Parmesan cheese to scalloped potatoes. Spoon into meat shell.
- 3. Bake for 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Heat the remaining chili sauce mixture; serve with individual servings. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 516 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 2,163 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC