Saucy Sausage and Veggies Recipe
This recipe calls for a broccoli-carrot-water chestnut blend, but feel free to use whatever mixed vegetables you like.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 packages (1 pound each) frozen mixed broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts, thawed
- 1 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Place vegetables in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a skillet, brown sausage; drain. Layer over the vegetables.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine soup, milk, cheese and pepper. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted; remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream; pour over the vegetables and sausage.
- 3. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 369 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,256 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC