- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place potatoes and water in a large microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender; drain.
- Transfer potatoes and pork chops to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, mix condensed soup, milk and salad dressing mix; pour over pork chops. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until pork and potatoes are tender (a thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°). If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Saucy Ranch Pork and Potatoes
"It had zero flavor. It was high in sodium with the two cans of soup and then needed a lot of extra seasoning. There really wasn't a sauce and it was really, really watery. It was like 16 bucks for the loins and was tasteless. I wont make or serve again."
"What is the nutrition status to this recipe? Sodium has to be below 400 mg."
"Was very easy to put together. I only used one can of soup, but the entire package of ranch dressing mix. I used a pork steak instead of pork chops, as what I had in the freezer. I added some onions as per reviews. Liked the flavor. I wish I had thickened the sauce before serving. Did not want to waste all the sauce so removed to another pan and thickened the leftovers afterwards."
"This was super easy, so that goes a long way for me on a busy day. The pork was moist, but overall, it was all really bland. My kids ended up dumping more condiments over everything (ketchup, honey mustard, bbq sauce. . .) just to give it all a little flavor."
"This was very good and simple, kids even enjoyed it!"
"I forgot to get the packet of Ranch at the store, so instead of the milk, I used a cup of Ranch dressing. It was very good, but I think it will be even better with the packet! Pork was tender and the sauce was lovely with the potatoes!"
"Good flavor. Add some onion. My crockpot takes longer than 4-5 hrs on low."
"New family favorite!"
"Easy and delicious! Thumbs up from all kids so this will definitely be on the menu again."