Being a potato fan, I make this good, old-fashioned side dish when I’m in the mood for comfort food. It’s always a hit on the potluck table. Add more ham and you can serve it as an entree.
Recommended: 60 Favorite Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 1/2 cup salad croutons, crushed
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, cream, salt and pepper. Fold in the potatoes, ham and onions. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with croutons. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Potatoes with Ham in Country Woman March/April 2006, p51