I don't always have time to fix the home-cooked meals my family loves, so I've come to rely on my slow cooker a lot. I fix these tangy chops at least once a week—the meat's so tender you can cut it with a fork—and we all love it! —Jennifer Ruberg, Two Harbors, Minnesota
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and liquid smoke if desired. Pour half of the sauce into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork chops and remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p37
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Saucy Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review