- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and liquid smoke if desired. Pour half of the sauce into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork chops and remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Saucy Pork Chops
Sort By :
"My mother used to make this and I never got her recipe before she passed. This recipe sounded like it so I tried it. So glad to finally find it. The only thing that I changed was that she always included an onion. So I sliced a white onion and browned with the chops. Delicious!"
"Shirleysurly-the sodium content is not very unreasonable. Also, the amounts of ketchup and brown sugar can be adjusted by anyone with a modicum of common sense and imagination. As with a majority of recipes, this one can provide a base recipe upon which you can build if so desired. A decent barbecue-type sauce, and the chops were tender. The brown sugar helps to "mellow" the acidity of the ketchup (even though it already has sugar)."
"Soooooooo good, quick to prepare and way tasty. Had them with Sharp Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes and BLT Pasta salad. This meal went well together...thank you TOH!!!"
"Way too much sodium and I imagine the sugar content is very high. Ketchup has alot of sugar in it and then you're adding brown sugar????"
"This is definitely a keeper! I don't usually like pork chops, but make them fairly often for my family. Our kids who are living at home right now, ages 16 to 28, thought these were terrific. So easy to put together with ingredients on-hand! Will make this recipe often! Thanks for sharing it!"