Saucy Pork Chops
I don't always have time to fix the home-cooked meals my family loves, so I've come to rely on my slow cooker a lot. I fix these tangy chops at least once a week—the meat's so tender you can cut it with a fork—and we all love it! —Jennifer Ruberg, Two Harbors, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a large
- skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and liquid smoke if
- desired. Pour half of the sauce into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with
- pork chops and remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours
- or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 371 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 1,748 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.